Saturday, February 16, 2013

Winter Work

I am publishing this post after two months.
This is not because the work did not proceed, but as I was used to complete one part of the project and then publish it. I was unable to do so.
The reason is that in this phase of the project I decided to proceed in parallel with the weld, working at the different systems (hydraulic etc) and joinery woodwork.
I choose this as opposed to the idea of finishing all aluminium welding and then proceed to the rest because I am conditioned by the type of insulation chosen.
I will spray two inches of foam from the waterline up.
Doing this I will not be able to do any further welding from the waterline up. As I thought, and I was correct, that many little modification would have been necessary when placing the cabinets or tanks or anything else, it was a good choice to follow this pattern.
The drawback is that you are not able to complete a job. Take for example the head (toilet). We placed the bulkheads.  Then we started defining the cabinets, placed the Lavac, moved a cabinet and modified the seacock. Then I decided to use a fast gas water heater, it needed a chimney .... and so on.
I hope that soon the pieces of this big puzzle will make up a boat!

Anyhow, just to show the progress I will publish the work not in cronological sequence, but in section: woodwork, hydraulic and so on.

2 comments:

  1. So is this project finished or on hold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would also love to know, was following this interesting build closely & then it seems to have just stopped.

    ReplyDelete