Saturday, February 16, 2013

Joinery

Few moths ago I had already done a mock up of my interior design with hardboard.

Now it was time to go serious.
The general principle that I applied to the entire project is that anything that goes in should be able to come out. Nothing is built in and fixed. This should allow easier maintenance, more I would say it would make maintnance possible without destroying any metal or wood portion of the boat. It is my style to always have a contingency plan for the worst possible situations.

Boat plan



In my plan I have a sail locker just behind the BH.
The access to this is through the head compartment that has a wide hatch.
Coming aft is the master cabin with a regular size bed 150x200 cm and two little armchairs, plus all the cabinets.
In the deck saloon on the SB side the galley followed by the wet locker and the SB aft cabin.
On the PO side the dinette followed by the navigation table and the aft cabin used as storage.

So we have a big master cabin with a regular size head. It is a boat for 2+2.

So I proceeded to cut all the bulkheads in teak 21mm plywood.
The second step was to cut all the verticals of all the cabinets.
At this point the floor can be cut.

When I will have finished this phase all the wood will be removed, and after finishing the final interior welding (like supports for the genoa track etc) we will spray the foam.
The plan is to finish the cabinets in the carpentry shop while finishing the aluminium.

No comments:

Post a Comment